Jim Juletid


you long for the warmth
of a rice cooking aparatus
II
i infuse your tea with
early morning jingoism
III
a stale manoeuvre
IV
tomorrow i’ll spit
chaw on the terrace
V
bugger your pillow to
the melody of
1010 wins



ungroomed coffee fingers rap
the dining counter with dark
stubble flagging gently
beneath pruned nostril
blonde hoodlum
robbing oil tycoon
sloppy fellatio
and checkbook
index fin
ger



Whittling some timber posts
I claw out a fire
Warm the bones
II
Empty garbanzo packages rustle
Inside my trousers
III
The mule can't sleep
Mouths the only expletive
He can muster: friendly smile
III
“Good old boy,” I say
“Good boy”
IV
The trail is long as the sky is wide
I’ll roll this smoke into a meal



Dirt washes over
My filthy lip
Ness
Monster
Scuttling in alleyways with flimsy,
Red eye askew
II
I might pull the strings of night like a hand puppet
Deciphering lyrical funk
For migrant workers
III
With your permission,
I’m finna do this



Titles:
1) 1010 wins
2) untitled
3) desert garbanzo
4) nighttime garbanzo strategist











Return to CONTENTS