Craig Kite

While you weren't thinking

   Hacked out in lines

   The darkness cuts hopes with a baseball bat 

      Chucks things taken for granted 
         Back into the woods 
    
     To be absorbed by ferns 

        There's an economic depression 
Blooming in my mind 

Sometimes 
I stare out the window of the train   
As if it's a television set 

   As if I'm not flying thru a great snow  
And forget 

   I am an animal 

Who's never been in a bread line 







The fake news isn't funny anymore 


Cataracts in the soup 
Split pea brain sycophants in the tv snow  
They sound like Pleasantville plastic Ken and Barbie   
Trying to sell me Tupperware 
Tunisian pearls 
And the myth that being a billionaire 
means that one is smart 


An assumption 
           in a sumthin  
                  is a white noise 
Sure, sounds good. 


Is a factoid   At this point   
Is a tabloid 
Did you notice that your source there is a rag?
Freedom from censorship 
means the liberty to tag 
your neighbors name 
in a pile 
of your other neighbor's 
bullshit 


When I grow up 
I wanna be a soldier 
In the liberal
War on Christmas 


News is getting olds
To vote 
Their fearful consciences 
Trembling like autumn leaves   
In tiny chairs 
That I'm growing into 


Can someone factcheck my opinion on this?
I don't even know where to start now 


I present it to you 
On marble steps 
That I slept on once
With a million other populist zombies 
Crawling up while prodded back by cop
(A boot print on the face 
is not the cool story of scars) 
Or waded through by red-striped stilts,
Harried inconsequential underlings 


There is a golden thread of anti-intellectualism 
Weaving thru each sleepy head 
No guard against the static 
No filter for the action figures bobbing murky waters 
of above-ground backyard suburban status symbol pools 


Craig Kite says:
       DON'T turn out the vote 
Tell them to stay on their couches 
      Until they're done doing their homework

The eyes are cloudy and prostituted 


Stockholm syndrome is the working stiff smile  


I  feel so undereducated 


I feel like a bourgeoning elitist in denial  


My brother borrowed two houses in MD
And says I have more money than him 
He's right and I also own nothing 
And eat lettuce in a New York City gym 


The fake news isn't funny anymore 
It's turning my adorable mother 
into my ideological enemy 







Steve Bannon isn't a Football coach 

Oh


  I am completely in control 


        Of my Anger 


   I am safely far away


From my anger 
                            
                Controlling me 


I can assure you


                 That I am Not seeing red 


I am seeing steady swirls 


        Of warm white rising steam


I am WELL aware 


                   That They are in control now 


It is palpable 


           That they are Dominating me 


And the fact     
Of my cold eyes 


The I-will-take-you-down-motherfucker-


                   Face that I am making 


Is not a fact needs fucking checking 


         I am making it purposefully 


There are PLENTY of things 


     That I'm not in control of 


My Anger 


        Is not one more way 


That they can get to me 


           These two black widows 
        in my pupils 


The shudders slow releasing 


The tectonic plates plates I'm shifting 


The rumbling as I breathe 


   The snake that is my seething  
         Extending from my long sleeves   


The black cloud I'm projecting 


(It will rain and when it rains)


       The rustling in my leaves 


The dumb-haired doll I'm stabbing 


Is exactly the right reaction 
          
      To times fucked up as these 


I do not need to apologize 
For making you feel 
Uncomfortable 
At Thanksgiving dinner this year   
Because I brought my own Tofurkey 
And Steve Bannon isn't a Football coach 
And you don't 
Understand 
The concept 
Of 
Epistemology  


The Anger 


      That I'm intentionally 


    allowing myself 


to show 


       At this moment 


Is exactly 


             The appropriate 


Response 


To     


This  


FUCKED 
UP 


Situation