Michael Keenan

FLAGLER MUSEUM


And the golden sasquatch of a summer/story
begins, like milk, in an evil persimmon.










FOR NIGHT/B
SIDE: FILM
STILL

OF GIRL WITH THE SECOND

TO LAST SNOW: FOR

NIGHT


I smear some chicken grease on
my face,

and begin

another poem for Anna

Chapman










FOUND FASTENED TO A LIFE JACKET WITH A RUSTED
PAPER CLIP/IN AN ABANDONED SHIPYARD


Strange rules in a strange

estate. How much further can we drive, John

Berry? A cruel girl

on a writhing street, Legend

Road,

I’ll never tell.


I walked around for days
looking for a job in the perfect magic shop, but

it was like
someone kept walking in

front of the sun,
and moon.


“I’m up for parole, but I’m breaking
                                               
out anyway.”

                                  “I saw a shooting star,

                   and felt so much better the next day.”

“I would like to be warm in the sky.”


The grass as a symbol.
Marigny

Cathedral.
De mis soledades

vengan. I have found/my
summer witch.










SUBURBANADULTERY


I

gave my summer away to
the devil


daffodil/meadow

dream










WRITTEN ON A JAPANESE MAGNOLIA




Watching Die Hard on mute, staring into the sky, this, this

Hypnagogic thrush