Integral # 1


I am not the week-old skyline
or a phrase held in the mouth
in a waiting field for rain
the bulk of it sprayed above you
and if I could stay this way
full of strings full of
tiny seeds I’d tell you
for what it’s worth
how easy it is to ask for a favor
if you believe in water
and benevolence I am
the divisible breath numerical
placed lovingly in the shade
the answers in large books
involve 7 different ways
to describe a road
and I am 3 of them


--Nora Almeida









Nora Almeida: Integral #1 Integral #2 Integral #3
Richard Pearse: A Woman Cloud Young and Angry at the Moon
Olga Pester: the roof of merger refrigerator memo
Joe Robitaille: Oleo Strut Oligarchy Strychnine The Rest of Lamps
William Sanders: Easter Poem [another poem by W. Sanders (& another)]
Sarah Sarai: hAve You Been Married, the Sister asK
Pietro Scorsone: After Tomorrow Random 1-4